Saturday, July 26, 2008

Salon Saturday

The entire family went to Plangi. We had lunch there and went to the salon. I got my maniped- silver feet and french manicure (apparently, it chipped off right away coz squanie was sleepy and didn't want to be with the nanny). Dad and Allen had a haircut while Mom had her nails done and her hair set for their wedding and engagement parties tonight (uhuh! 2 parties in one night). I did her make-up, I wonder if it really looked good but nonetheless she got no choice coz she can't do her own make-up. Haha! :) While waiting for Mom to finish at the salon and Dad with his body massage, squanie and Allen accompanied me. We went to 3 mobile (yes, it's a competitor but it's not a CDMA provider so I guess it's kinda fine ) and I bought a new sim card again because they offer this unlimited YM use for only Rp10k/month = P50. cheap enough right? It took me so long to register and stuff then after an hour they were able to send me the needed YM application. Bad thing is the application doesn't show all my contacts (I wonder why?!? but I'm too lazy to complain because it will take decades again for them to respond). Here in Indo, most customer service is really poor because people just accept whatever is handed to them, they get contented easily unlike Pinoys. After that, squanie, yaya, and I went to Centro. As usual, I roamed around the make-up counters and suddenly remembered that I need to buy a make-up primer. I noticed that my make-up doesn't stay that long and I read somewhere that a good primer will help make-up to last longer so I strolled around and look for my options. Most primers cost around Rp140-250k = P700-1250. I saw several brands like Make Up Forever, VOV, Etude, and Bourjois. I was about to buy Etude's but I saw Bourjois' they have the same price Rp145k but Etude's contains more. I really can't decide so I asked the salesladies where Etude's was made, she said it is made in Korea while Bourjois' is from Paris so it became a Korea vs Paris criteria. Well it's kinda obvious, I chose the one from Paris. Haha! Although my brother said, it was Gila! (crazy) 20mL primer for Rp145k which is around Rp7k/mL. Anything for the sake of kagandahan.

Here's what I bought: Bourjois Complexion Enhancer (Apricot shade)



Photo grabbed from: http://www.asos.com

I tried to use it to Mom, I applied L'oreal UV Block first then this Bourjois Complexion Enhancer as a base and it looks good. It gives a glow and it doesn't leave a sticky feel. I read good reviews to this product but thing is it's not pocket friendly. I still need to try out Monistat. Any kind hearted friend from the US who can send me one? haha! :)

On second thought, I wonder why everytime I buy a make-up product, I don't think twice. I should've bought the denim pants from Orange instead. ugh! It has been done so be it.

No comments: